Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Why I hate the next generation!

First a disclaimer. I don't 'hate' the next generation. But, honestly speaking, I do have a bias towards them (meaning roughly anybody born after 1984). Somewhere within me, I feel they are 'bad'. :D Let me tell you the story behind this unfair bias:

My school classes had just ended, and I was happily walking home. I must have been in 5th or 6th standard (somewhere around 1995-96), and was dressed in our unflattering uniform - shorts and half shirt. After I came out of the secondary school gate, I had to cross the primary school to reach home. There, along the road, were lined up the primary school buses, with small teeny-weeny kids(I considered them kids then, since I was obviously a grown up). Even in those days, I found the sight of toddlers very amusing. And so, as I was walking along the street, crossing each bus, I could not help but peek into the window, and smile at teeny tiny faces - all engrossed in laughter, crying or fighting! As I walked a littler further, I saw this kid with swollen cheeks, staring at me. His tiny eyes were following me for a while; and when I came directly under him and gave him a sweet smile, all of a sudden, a burst of water fell on my face. And his cheeks became normal!

Yes, you guessed it right. The rascal had filled his mouth with water, and was waiting for an appropriate moment to shoot all the water on me. And yes, of course, after the successful guerilla attack, there was a lot of jubilation in the enemy camp. All (or most) of the toddler rascals started laughing at me. What we call insult to injury.

I was shocked, anguished, concerned and angry. Shock and anguish due to the act; concern on what is gonna happen to the next generation; and anger because well I had every right to be angry. I was smiling at that rascal so sweetly, and he returned the favour by spitting all over me. And to top that, they all started laughing. Why? What wrong had I done?

Friends, it was at that very moment, that I formed this belief - that the next generation is full of rascals!
And subconsciously, that bias remains! :)

No comments: